Warm up your cold nights with one of our favorite Twisted Sister™ cocktails—The Hot Tea Toddy! Our velvety Madagascar Messiah finds a divine pairing with the fragrant seasonal spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Whether your preferred spirit is a smooth whiskey, an apple brandy, or rich bourbon, this Hot Tea Toddy provides the perfect, low-calorie nightcap with its truly Sacrilicious™ flavor!
The ingredients are listed below. The beauty of the Hot Tea Toddy is that you can really customize the drink to your specific tastes, ingredients handy, and how much time you have!
- Apple Juice (at least 1.5 cups)
- Two teaspoons of Madagascar Messiah™ tea
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite (Brandy, Whisky, Bourbon, Rum)
- Cinnamon stick*
- Orange slice*
- Apple pieces*
*These are some optional spices and garnishes that can be added to personalize your Hot Tea Toddy!
1. Boil 1.5 cups of Apple Juice
2. Steep 2 teaspoons of Madagascar Messiah™ for 5-7 minutes in the apple juice (You can add spices like cinnamon, cloves, anise at this stage)
3. Pour into your vessel and add 1 tablespoon of your favorite (Brandy, Whisky, Bourbon, Rum)
4. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, anise, or spruce it up with some whipped cream if you are feeling decadent!
Enjoy the article? Take a look at some of our related posts below!